We are now on the road. We left Aunt Candy's and headed to Utah. I know you are all wondering what in the world is there to see in Utah. Well, it turns out a whole lot. Yesterday, Saturday we went to Arches National Park in Moab, Utah. It is amazing! Hard to believe these huge arches are in the middle of the desert and all naturally occurring. Truly a work of God. We took more pictures yesterday than I think we've taken the entire trip. This a part of the country I never knew existed. I am so glad we came and explored.
I have gotten very strong out here and now have super powers. They call me "Super CornDog Woman" - okay terrible name but as you can see from the picture I'm not lyin' about my super strength! Wink.
Here's my crazy husband who can hardly constrain himself from climbing anything he sees. They boys of course want to do everything Daddy does which isn't always a good thing or a "safe" thing. But he did get to climb a little!
Here we truly are sitting on the side of cliff. It looks in the picture that we are ridiculously close to the edge which is misleading but we were fairly close. The view was spectacular. And if you look at the left hand side towards the top another arch, Delicate Arch. This arch is actually pretty famous as it is one of the main postcard pic's I see out here. From where we are sitting Delicate Arch is approximately three quarters of a mile away.
This arch is called, Landscape Arch. It is about 1 football field wide. It is now closed to the public to go up close as a few years ago a few ton of it fell as there were spectators watching. No one was hurt thank goodness. There are photos of the rock falling though. Some visitor captured it.
This pirate ship play set was at one of our hotels we stayed at. The boys wanted to make sure that I took a picture of it for "Big Papa" (their grandpa). They think Papa is going to build them one for the cabin! Joe-Bear even said that Big Papa was his BEST FRIEND so he knows he will make it for him.
This is at Canyon Lands National Park. It is a mini Grand Canyon. Again....AMAZING! People you need to visit Utah! Put it on your list of places to visit. Seriously.
We were quite the travelers today. We visited Colorado, Utah, Arizona and New Mexico all in one day - actually all at the exact same time! Yes we stopped at the Four Corners. Clark Griswold approves of this stop! Check it out for sure!!
And we ended our night at a Holiday Inn where the boys FINALLY got to go swimming in a pool. As you can see they were all smiles.
No comments:
Post a Comment